Monday, April 4, 2011

I Feel Happy!

 DENNIS:  Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing swords
      is no basis for a system of government.  Supreme executive power
      derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical
      aquatic ceremony.
-Monty Python

I have decided the weather is nice enough to start buggering the soil a little. I'm going to add some plant food, alfalfa, and starter plant food. I will then till the soil, turning it with a shovel to thoroughly mix in the new ingredients, and then water it until just past damp.

What I will need!
Fertilizer. My personal Favorite is Dr. Earth brand. I like this brand because your not buying a bag of chemicals that could kill your dog/cat/baby. Also, it's very tough to burn your plants using this. If you follow the directions there is no chance of burn, then if you double the directed amount you probably still wont burn. I love it! Also you can throw the stuff with your bare hands and be 100% fine. The fertilizer is really just a blend of fine ground organic materials like fish meal, alfalfa,feather meal, kelp meal and other natural stuff that breaks down in your soil.
These Fertilizers have just the right amount of NPK (Nitrogen N Phosphorus P and Potassium K) your plants Bread and butter... and jelly? well anyway, it's the main thing your plant uses as food. Then there are loads of other micronutrients you need to make the plants happy!



I start with the "starter fertilizer". you mix it in to the soil when preparing the two weeks before you start planting. Also, i mix it into the holes where you stick your plants. as a good pocket of nutrients for the plant to eat as it gets settled. I start with the "starter fertilizer". you mix it in to the soil when preparing the two weeks before you start planting. Also, i mix it into the holes where you stick your plants. as a good pocket of nutrients for the plant to eat as it gets settled.













I will also add a vast amount of Alfalfa pellets. These are basically horse or rabbit food. I have found that when i add this to the soil i get three times the amount of worms in my soil. You want worms, they are the tunnelers and the best fertilizer makers around!


Then as the season goes on i switch over to the general veggie fertilizer.
This will be the main source of fertilizer I will be using to keep my plants happy.

 And as the plants start producing fruits and blooms, or even start budding, ill add a good layer of this to boost performance!!!

For those of you who have been following my blog, you know i have a Orange tree. It;s still very young, about 3 years old and its getting it's first blooms this year. I will have to pinch most of those back, but still, I'm excited!
Here She is! my wonderful Orange tree! Dwarf Navel.

 

4 comments:

  1. "I'm not dead! I feel fine! I think I'll go for a walk"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better start saving for plant food and cages. GDAD said we can take some of his cages but I think we will still need to buy some MUTH aka sanford

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog!
    following

    incredible-mo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete