Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunflowers are at max height.

I would like to introduce you all to my sunflowers!

These Things have gotten huge! If you have been reading along with me you have seen my sunflowers grow to great heights! They have reached their maximum height now, and have begun to flower, blossom. It's a wonderful sight!

 The sunflower on the right in the picture above is around 16 FT tall. That's crazy tall and about 1 1/4 stories tall compared to my house behind it.

As you can see the smaller of the two sunflowers is filling in nicely, but the blossom still has some green in the middle, so it has some time yet to mature to the point where I can start to dry it out to eat!
 Here is a better view of the blossom. It's mighty large, and it attracts many bees which was the whole point other then to look fancy.
Now to sit back and wait for it to mature so I can make me some tasty roasted sunflower seeds!
Then lastly here is a first person view of how tall the 16FT sunflower is. Man that thing is big, and not to mention the trunk is so big around I can not wrap my fingers all the way around.



KK! thanks for the reads, and come back soon, I'll have more fun things to show you about my sunflowers, for  instance, what kind of insects have decided to stop by.  

1 comment: