Saturday, July 2, 2011

Work In Progress: Green Beans Getting huge!

Green Bean plant! Getting huge! it's over 9000!

This here is my green bean plant! It has all but taken over the huge 8 FT cage I placed it in! I do like this plant because It climbs seemingly anything you put in its path!. It just reaches out its tentecles and grasps on firmly to whatever it can reach!












This is what the tentecle, as I call it, looks like. See the wire, well the light green stringy things is what I'm refering to. It starts out as long and only silightly curved much like the shape of a cresent. Then it slowly curves even fruther till it finds something to grab. Once the plant senses it has something it reduces the amount of moisture in the tentecle and it starts to curl and wrap itself around the object.

This is another picture, a little less fuzzy, of the same thing.
If I had left my finger there for about 2 hours it would have firmly wrapped itself around my finger! but this is mostly to show the size of the plant!







Speaking of Size. GROW MY PRETTY GROW TO THE SKY!

This is the bud that forms on the green bean plant which will slowly turn to the Bean.















This is the green bean itself. There are already about 12 on the plant. I can't wait to try one. I bet it will be so crunchy good!

OK! thanks everbody for the reads!

12 comments:

  1. Interesting pictures, thanks!
    I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really awesome garden. I hope they will grow even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks nice man,
    keep it up.
    Let em grow,
    show the progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your garden, I only have a patio. Nothing wants to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way they grow curly parts, clever plant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green beans look great. I'm having a pretty hard time with my pumpkins. My tomatoes and cucumbers seem to be coming along. This is my first garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could grasp a cage firmly...
    P.S. green beans are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's gonna put out some great vegetables! Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, love your garden! alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. awh the comment about grow to the sky made me giggle so cute XD i need to get a plant or something now XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great garden!!

    i think.... i need your green thumb!!!

    ReplyDelete